Here at Linen Social, safety is our top priority. Please note that our Baby Lounger is designed as a temporary space for your baby to rest under direct supervision, and not as a baby bed.
Our Baby Lounger should never be used as a bassinet or infant mattress, and is not recommended for co-sleeping. Please follow the below safety guidelines when using our Baby Lounger:
- Direct supervision is required at all times when using the Baby Lounger. Never leave your baby in the Baby Lounger unattended (regardless of whether they are sleeping, resting or playing), and be sure to check on your baby regularly.
- Do not use the Baby Lounger in a cot, bassinet, moses basket or other enclosed space.
- Do not place the Baby Lounger next to a wall or vertical surface.
- Do not use loose blankets with the Baby Lounger. If your baby needs extra warmth, use a lightweight sleeping bag or add an extra layer of clothing.
- Do not place toys, pillows or any other loose objects in the Baby Lounger.
- Babies should always be placed on their back to sleep, with their feet touching the bottom of the Baby Lounger.
- Only use the Baby Lounger on a flat, stable surface.
- Do not tilt the Baby Lounger or place it on any surface that it could fall from.
- Keep the Baby Lounger away from any open flames.
- If using our Baby Lounger Linen Covers, ensure cover is securely attached and flattened before placing your baby inside.
SAFE SLEEP GUIDELINES
As per the Red Nose Guidelines, we believe the safest place for your baby to sleep is on a clean, firm mattress in a bassinet or cot, placed on their back. We do not recommend using our Baby Lounger for co-sleeping, overnight sleeping or any period of unsupervised sleep, under any circumstances. Please refer to the Red Nose Guidelines HERE for the most up-to-date safe sleeping practices.