Pillow Safety Guidelines
Here at Linen Social, safety is our top priority. Please note that our Nursing Pillow is designed as a temporary space for your baby to feed and rest under direct supervision, and not as a baby bed.
Our Nursing Pillow should never be used as a sleep aid or placed in a baby's crib or bassinet, and is not recommended for co-sleeping. Please follow the below safety guidelines when using our Nursing Pillow:
- Direct supervision is required at all times when using the Nursing Pillow. Never leave your baby in the Nursing Pillow unattended (regardless of whether they are sleeping, resting or playing), and be sure to check on your baby regularly.
- Do not use the Nursing Pillow in a cot, bassinet, moses basket or other enclosed space.
- Do not place the Nursing Pillow next to a wall or vertical surface.
- Do not use loose blankets with the Nursing Pillow. If your baby needs extra warmth, use a lightweight sleeping bag or add an extra layer of clothing..
- Only use the Nursing Pillow on a flat, stable surface.
- Do not tilt the Nursing Pillow or place it on any surface that it could fall from.
- Keep the Nursing Pillow away from any open flames.
SAFE SLEEP GUIDELINES
As per the Red Nose Guidelines, we believe the safest place for your baby to sleep is on a clean, firm mattress in a bassinet or cot, placed on their back. We do not recommend using our Nursing Pillow for co-sleeping, overnight sleeping or any period of unsupervised sleep, under any circumstances. Please refer to the Red Nose Guidelines HERE for the most up-to-date safe sleeping practices.